Monday 7 June 2010

Fight for your right to party ?

My daughter wanted to go on the Gaza demo this weekend. Remembering the demos from last year I wasn't too keen on her going on her own. I felt a bit bad about this - I went off on plenty of demos when I was her age - although back in those days the police hadn't become the twitchy rottweillers they seem to be now. I then felt worse when I heard that the Gazza protest had passed off without incident.

Then I head about this - a water-fight arranged for a hot afternoon in Hyde Park by some kids on Facebook. Perhaps disappointed by the lack of action at the Israeli embassy the  neathanderal coppers decided to treat the party as if it were a riot.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well of coure the Gazza protest went off fine not even the Rottweiler of the Metropolitan Police can get upset about a washed out Geordie footballer. What was remarkable was that they didn't break skulls at the Gaza protest....